Are you looking for a powerful and easy to use Hyper-V backup solution that doesn't lock you into proprietary file formats? Perhaps also a Hyper-V tool that also offers system disk backup so you can protect your host server as well?
BackupChain is a powerful Hyper-V backup software that has been optimized to work with Hyper-V on Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012 / R2, and 2008 / R2 (Full & Core Installations), Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2019, 2016 - 2008 (the free operating system), as well as Windows 10 and Windows 8.
Backup Software Features
- Centralized management
- Fast Incremental Virtual Machine Backups
- Cluster Shared Volume Support
- Disk image backups
- Live OS and data disk cloning
- Physical to physical disk backup
- Physical to virtual disk backup
- Virtual to physical disk backup
- Virtual disk to virtual disk backup and conversion
- Live VM conversion from one platform to another (Hyper-V, VirtualBox, VMware Workstation, etc.)
- Granular Backup and Granular Restore Options
- Live Virtual Machine Backup
- Remote VM Backup and off-site backup capability via built-in FTP server
- Live Database Backups for Oracle, SQL Server, Exchange, etc.
- Creates Fast and Economic Incremental and Differential VM Backups via in-file delta compression. Delta compression reduces bandwidth and storage dramatically and is the key technology for backing up over the Internet.
- Fully configurable File Versioning. Configure the length of backup history per file type and backup task.
- Advanced and flexible scheduling options for each backup task.
- Email alerts
- Capable of backing up millions of files
- FTP client and server capability built-in (Send and receive Hyper-V virtual machine backups via FTP)
- Military strength encryption based on AES 256 (FIPS and HIPAA standard)
- Runs as Windows service
- Unlimited simultaneous backups
- Utilizes all CPU Cores (limit to one core is possible to control CPU usage)
- Unicode file name support
- Selectively restore old VM versions from the backup history
- Over 750MB/sec scanning speeds measured on modern systems.
- Full VSS integration
- All current Windows Server Editions are supported
Supported Operating Systems:
| ||Workstation Platforms:||Server Platforms|
| ||Windows 10||Microsoft Windows Server 2019, 2016|
| ||Windows 8||Microsoft Windows Server 2012 / R2|
| ||Windows 7||Microsoft Windows Server 2008 / R2|
| ||Vista and XP||Microsoft Windows Server Core Installations|
| || |
Hyper-V Server 2019 to 2008 / R2
Windows Server 2003
Trademark Disclaimer: Microsoft, Hyper-V, and other trademarks which are not owned by FastNeuron Inc. and are mentioned on this website are the property of their respective trademark holders. These trademark holders are not affiliated with FastNeuron Inc., our products, or our services. Microsoft does not sponsor or endorse our products and services.